I swear by my NAS, but I wouldn’t trust it without a Google One subscription
I swear by my NAS, but I wouldn’t trust it without a Google One subscription
admin 2025/01/14 16:09Why pick between a NAS and cloud storage when you can use both for greater peace of mind?

I grew up in the physical media era when every document and file I owned was stored on a device I could physically hold in my hands. Stacks of floppy disks, tower racks full of CDs, several external hard disks, and dozens of USB sticks and SD cards; I’ve had them all, carried them all, and saved my data on them all.
But as the years progressed, I saw myself shift more towards the cloud. The convenience of accessing everything from anywhere without having to physically carry it was life-changing around the late 2000s with the arrival of Dropbox. I could work on my pharmacology thesis and hospital study cases from the university’s computer and then continue writing from my laptop at home. It was such a fantastic commodity.
Still, I made the effort to keep a local copy of everything — I was still very skeptical of tech and lived in a country where the average connection speed was still 2Mbps in 2020 and where electricity blackouts were a way of life, so I had to have backups everywhere and local access to everything.
➤➤➤ SEE MORE @ Android Authority

I grew up in the physical media era when every document and file I owned was stored on a device I could physically hold in my hands. Stacks of floppy disks, tower racks full of CDs, several external hard disks, and dozens of USB sticks and SD cards; I’ve had them all, carried them all, and saved my data on them all.
But as the years progressed, I saw myself shift more towards the cloud. The convenience of accessing everything from anywhere without having to physically carry it was life-changing around the late 2000s with the arrival of Dropbox. I could work on my pharmacology thesis and hospital study cases from the university’s computer and then continue writing from my laptop at home. It was such a fantastic commodity.
Still, I made the effort to keep a local copy of everything — I was still very skeptical of tech and lived in a country where the average connection speed was still 2Mbps in 2020 and where electricity blackouts were a way of life, so I had to have backups everywhere and local access to everything.
➤➤➤ SEE MORE @ Android Authority
Suggested Topics
admin
started The Final Flicker of Cable News As We Know It
STREAM TV
admin
started DIRECTV Stream is changing prices on Oct. 6th
At Ease
admin
started Hulu Live TV Once Again Offering a Free 3/Day Trial
At Ease