I switched to an ultrawide monitor. Here’s what surprised me
I switched to an ultrawide monitor. Here’s what surprised me
admin 2024/09/11 01:44Switching from a dual-monitor setup was mostly good, but it came with some pains and hiccups.

A little while back, I made a big change to my desktop PC workflow — I swapped my pair of 24-inch desktop monitors for a single 35-inch ultrawide display, which stretches much further side-to-side than a traditional widescreen monitor does.
Ultrawides used to be a luxury in the monitor world, but prices have come down in recent years, and even basic computers like my $300 mini-PC have become powerful enough to push an ultrawide’s extra pixels without dedicated graphics cards.
My particular monitor, the (oh-so straightforwardly-named) LG 35WN65C-B, has a resolution of 3440×1440, which gives it about 34 percent more horizontal screen real estate than a more standard 2560×1440 widescreen monitor.
➤➤➤ SEE MORE

A little while back, I made a big change to my desktop PC workflow — I swapped my pair of 24-inch desktop monitors for a single 35-inch ultrawide display, which stretches much further side-to-side than a traditional widescreen monitor does.
Ultrawides used to be a luxury in the monitor world, but prices have come down in recent years, and even basic computers like my $300 mini-PC have become powerful enough to push an ultrawide’s extra pixels without dedicated graphics cards.
My particular monitor, the (oh-so straightforwardly-named) LG 35WN65C-B, has a resolution of 3440×1440, which gives it about 34 percent more horizontal screen real estate than a more standard 2560×1440 widescreen monitor.
➤➤➤ SEE MORE
Suggested Topics
admin
started Roku is building its content into Google TVs
At Ease
admin
started Apple internally labels Android as ‘Tracking Device’
At Ease
admin
started AI Humor - Google's AI Still Needs Some Work
TechTalk